“When students love what they’re learning, your job becomes easier and more rewarding”
The project is highly subsidised plus within the project fee you receive 450 copies of your CD and tickets to the awards Night that you can sell to recoup your costs. The project can easily become self funding or even be used as a fund-raising opportunity if managed well. Most schools charge some costs to students as ‘excursion fees’. The promotion and sales of CDs can be a learning opportunity for your students as a lesson in marketing.
already many regional schools participate, take a look beyond the traditional classroom.
you only need 50% -Teachers, just leave it up to the kids, this is what they love!
Artwork and Multimedia
even if you have no multimedia experience, it’s easy, we’ll show you.
Kool Skools is not limited to traditional Rock Bands. You can record anything of a contemporary nature: Jazz, acapella, punk, multicultural groups, even HipHop and DJ’s are part of Kool Skools.
Concerned about extra workload?
The kids are self motivated and drive the project, teachers report they have the most fun ever!
*For more information and short video see the ABOUT link
How To Apply
To be part of Kool Skools there is no formal audition process. Kool Skools is not a competition. You can REGISTER NOW for 2014 buy calling 03-9417-7707 or emailing us on the contact page or direct to the project coordinator, Paul Higgins at email@example.com Or 0412-686-252
General Criteria to be involved in Kool Skools:
• Must have support from your school or a youth entity such as a council youth centre or youth association
• Your project must have a 100% contemporary music focus
• Your music content to be recorded can be of a single music genre such as Rock, Jazz or HipHop but diversity of genres is recommended, most projects are made up of several different groups from with different music styles as a compilation album representing the whole school.
• Generally projects are preferred to include more than just one group but can vary from 1-8 groups in any one project
• At least 50% of music recorded must be original written by the students
• All, or most people involved in the project should be of school age up to 19yo. (call Studio 52 to discuss any exceptions to this)
• Any people who are involved who are above the age limit will not be eligible to be judged or receive awards. (except in some instances, ‘special individual awards’)
• Each project must be recorded at either Studio 52 in Melbourne or Music Feeds Studios in Sydney
• Along with recording, each project involves making a short video, doing the CD artwork and we recommend that each school or council write and promote a Media release about their project
• Artists need to attend the Awards Nights and be able to perform live if invited to perform at the end of year Awards showcases, generally acts only perform 1 song as the Award Nights feature up to 23 different acts on stage
• Participants from each project need to support and attend their State Award Night held in Sydney and Melbourne, usually middle to late November each year • There is a cost to do the project however this is highly subsidised thanks to the sponsors involved each year. The one-off cost includes the access to recording studios and multimedia along with 450 copies of the final CD (from 500 produced) and up to 30 tickets to the State Awards Night.
Please contact the Kool Skools office directly for more details, call Paul Higgins on 03-9417-7707 ext 2 or 0412686252.